Helical Piers & Helical Piles
Helical piers, also known as anchors, piles or screwpiles, are deep foundation solutions used to secure new or repair existing foundations. Due to their design and ease to install, they are most commonly used whenever soil conditions prevent standard foundation solutions. Instead of requiring large excavation work, they thread into the ground. This minimizes installation time, requires little soil disturbance, and most importantly transfers the weight of the structure to load bearing soil.
When should they be used?
Helical Piers and Piles are needed for numerous residential and commercial applications and may be used when the job specifies caissons, driven piles or mini piles. Once foundations are exposed to moisture over a long period of time or construction is cited on unstable soil, structural and foundation damage becomes visible. To repair the foundations of your property and ensure the building does not lose value, they are used to stabilize the foundation. Helical piers and piles can also be used to repair foundations when foundation failure becomes apparent:
- Windows and doors are sticking, hard to open
- There are large gaps in window and door frames
- Interior plaster walls are cracking
- Multiple nail pops are appearing in ceilings and walls
- Walls are beginning to lean noticeably
- Floors are starting to settle and become uneven
- Chimneys are tilting or leaning
- Cracks can be seen in foundations or basement walls