When Is the Best Time to Correct Foundation Issues? Now is always the answer to this question. This is because foundation issues will only continue to get worse as time goes on. When considering repair it is often natural to want to ignore them due to the thought of the cost you believe is behind correction of these issues. However, with every day, month, year that passes this will continually add to the cost of the solution. Eventually, it will be inevitable that there will need to be repair or the building or home’s sale price will significantly drop due to this issue.
What are the Causes of Foundation Issues?
The simple answer is that it is the soil.
- Clay or Soft Soil causing buildings to sink
- Soil Washout, in an area with lots of rain or snow
- Shrinkage, the same as too much rain, too little rain causes shrinkage
- Poorly Compacted Soil, often during the fill stage of construction
- Cracks in Drywall
- Doors that Stick
- Nails coming out of Drywall
- Floors that are not level
- Sagging Roof Line
- Cracks in Masonry
How To Correct These Issues?
Helical Piles are a permanent foundation solution in both foundation repair and new construction. Once the issues is diagnosed, a helical installer will come in and can help repair the foundation cracks and concrete issues with the structure. Helical piles are drilled deep into the ground to ensure superior strength and stability, even when the soil moves and shifts.
- Superior lateral stability
- Greater section modulus strength to resist twisting and deflection
- Patented cross-bolt connection
- Greater load capacities
- Easy to install
- Installs in any season
- Minimal soil disturbance
- Not affected by a high-water table
- Minimal impact on surrounding environment
If there are signs or symptoms of foundation issues, fixing them now is the right thing to do, not to mention the most economical option.